Popular Posts

Saturday 27 October 2012

UP-Lifting

Wow!  This is my 50th post on providenceplace.  I hope my readers continue to be encouraged by the stories I share.


On the rare occasion that I watched a Disney movie at my home, I discovered a gem of a film.  This animated flick was released in 2009 and is called “UP.”  I heard about the movie when it first came out, but all I really knew was the far-fetched element of a house floating around on helium balloons.
   Yet this film is so much more!  It is fresh and original in a medium where plots have become predictable.  It is artistic and yet simple in a medium where special effects often overshadow any meaningful message.  It affirms what is good in our world.
   Three messages shine through:
  • The seemingly ordinary, everyday things we do are ultimately more memorable and important than “the one great adventure” we may be living for or saving up for
  • The priority of human connections and doing the right thing
  • “A house is just a house”
   If you have not had the opportunity to see “UP,” it is worth watching.  If possible, view it with someone you care about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.